Tag Archives: essex
In the 18th View from the President’s Chambers, the President of the Family Division of the High Court of England and Wales, Sir James Munby, has set out in some detail his plans for the new Financial Remedies Courts (‘FRCs’), including plans to pilot the scheme in the South-East as early as Easter 2018.
On 1st December 2017, the President announced plans to introduce specialist courts to deal with financial remedies, which will include claims under:
- The Matrimonial Causes Act 1973
- Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989
- Part III of the Matrimonial and Family Proceedings Act 1984
- The Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- The Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996
We now know that the first three pilots of these new Financial Remedies Courts, in London, the West Midlands, and South-East Wales, are e…
Did our challenging Round Essex Christmas Quiz keep your brain active over the festive period? In December, we left you 20 cryptic clues to locations throughout Essex, testing both your problem-solving skills and local knowledge. Make sure you’ve given it a try before checking the answers below.
Here are the answers – how many did you get right?
1) Mr Fawlty’s home – Basildon
2) In a jam – Tiptree
3) Completely mad – Barking
4) 50 shades in Thurrock – Grays
5) Ship’s kitchen next to a forest – Galleywood
6) Humorous bad actor – Witham
7) Sounds like a place to store fossil fuel – Colchester (or Coalhouse Fort)
8) Clever woody perennial – Braintree
9) Entrance for a wading bird – Herongate
10) Dead and buried – Ingrave
11) Mine next to ocean – Pitsea
12) Merchandise – Stock
13) Mr Laurel’s cuddly …